Friday, April 20, 2007

My Mom and I

Lots to catch up on.....as always. Before I get into that, I'd like to tell you about my son who is interviewing me about my mom.

"what else did you and your mom do?"

"well, we talked alot and hung out......."

"hmmm........I can't draw that daddy."

"Ok....Well, we hung out outside a lot......Like at the beach"

(Nathaniel Draws a pune'e, with my mom sitting on it, under an umbrella.)



"What Else?"

"The Beach, remember?"

(Nathaniel draws a scene of me at the beach, next to my mother on the Pune'e)

"We went to the Pool sometimes, and she would throw coins into the water, and I'd swim down to get them"

(Nathaniel draws a pool, with coin at the bottom, and a figure of me swimming in it)



"What Else did you do?"

"We played cards for M and M's like you and I just did"

(Nathaniel draws a picture of me and my mom playing cards)

"What about the M & M's?"

(Nathaniel draws a small tray of M & &'s on the table)



"what else?"

"We went to church a lot...."

"Is that the big building with the bell on top?"

"yes"

"I don't know what that looks like inside daddy"

"Draw the outside then. Everyone knows that my mom will be inside.."

(Nathaniel draws a picture of the church)



"What Else did you and your mom do?"

"She took me to the supermarket and we went shopping"

(Nathaniel Draws a picture of my Mom with me inside the shopping cart)



"and....?"

"she drove me to school..."

(Picture of a car.....)



"I gave it stripes. You can have a striped car..."

"OK"

"and she would read books to me.."

"and we would walk and hold hands...."

(Nathaniel Draws Mom and I walking and holding hands, and Her, reading a book to me)



"I'm running out of space dad..."

"I know. We could do another page you know...."

"one last one for this page ok?"

"OK"

"we ate Dinner together alot..."

(Nathaniel draws a dinner table with Plates and hot dogs and drinks)



"Daddy?"

"yes?"

"I've got to go pee-pee now"

"Ok............"


Cormac Mccarthy Won the pulitzer this week for the road. One of the saddest and most beautiful books I've ever read. More so given the last few Months........

Nathaniel Returns.

"So...Daddy. What kind of thing did you have in your house?"

"we had the clock..."

(Nathaniel draws the clock)



"Oh......I get it now, it's that noise, the tick tock, that you like?"

"yep"

"I like it too"



"Daddy?"

"Can I stay up until Mom comes home?"

"Depends"

"Can we do something else? Like a puzzle or read a book or something"

"Sure"

"Let's talk about Star Trek"

"You are your mother's son, did you know that?"

"I know daddy."

No comments: