Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The 2007 Hood River Walk for Life and YOU!


Click Here to Donate

(Yes, Yes, i know I've not been updating this Blog as frequently as I would like. I'm keeping track though.....I'll catch up soon....Please read below)


Alright all you Blog readers. I know that there are lots of readers out there, so I'll make this short. Please read the letter below. It's about asking you to send in some $$ (Ka la in Hawaiian) to support the Hood River Relay for Life, an event I'm in.

It's easy. You could surf over to the sponsorship page in a second and help out........Click Here to Donate Now!

Maui's Request for Sponsorship for the 2007 Hood River Walk for Life

I’ve got a friend, and she’s a cancer survivor. Pretty miraculous story, for another time, but she decided a few years ago to start the local Relay for Life, which you may know, is one of the major fundraisers for the American Cancer Society.

At dawn on Sunday morning, July 22nd, as a part of the Hood River Rotary Team, I’ll be walking around the track thinking about two things.

1. My Friends and Family whom I’ve lost to Cancer.
2. How lucky I am that I’m still around and able to do something as simple as walk around a track to raise money.

I’m writing to you right now to ask you, and I’ll be blunt about this, to send me money so that I can pass it along to the American Cancer Society to further research into finding effective ways to research a cure for Cancer. For my part, I’ll be donating both my time and money to the cause. My goal is $5,000.00 which should be a doable thing with your help.

I’m doing this for personal reasons, in honor of my sister, and for familial reasons as well, but when all is said and done I’m doing this because that is what we do in Hood River.

We help out. We give, and continue to give, always, to pitch in, lighten the load and build interdependency. It’s what makes Hood River, Hood River.

So please send along some money. You may do it online, or mail it to me, instructions are below.

Tell me to buy a Luminaria ($50.00) for your friends passed, or sponsor my time out on the track. But if you really want to do something, join me at 4:00am on Sunday morning July 22nd, and regale me with stories of your friends. I’ve got a few of my own.

We can all drink coffee and watch the sun rise together.

Best-

Maui

No comments: